General Options - Maxthon 1.x
From Maxthon Wiki
General Options of Maxthon
- Allow Only One Instance of Maxthon
- Enabling this option will make sure that you can't start a second instance of the program, even if you ask for it. Clicking the shortcut again will rather re-focus the already opened Maxthon instead .
- Display Animation Icon
- Enable this and see the icon in the taskbar (and the title bar) changing color while pages are loading up.
- Enable Boss Key
- Enter the predefined shorcut (or create your own) and quickly hide Maxthon from your boss by taking the program off screen (and off the taskbar). Clicking the same sequence again will bring Maxthon back into view.
- Show Tray Icon
- Enabling this option will put a Maxthon icon in the system tray. Right-clicking this icon will give you a quick access to your external utilities, simple collector, Maxthon and IE options.
- Minimize to System Tray
- Once enabled, clicking on the minimize button (in the upper right corner) will take Maxthon off the taskbar and minimize it in the system tray.
- Close to System Tray
- Enabling this makes the close button -the one in the upper right corner with an X in it- another minimize button. In order to close the program you must now use [File/Exit] or press the [Alt]+[F4] shortcut sequence.
- Show All Webpages in Predefined Zoom Factor
- Here you can force Maxthon to open every new web page in a predefined zoom factor (+ or -).
- Disable Script Error
- Disabling script errors will stop the popping of the annoying window box with the script error message in it. Just remember that, if you decide to check this on, you can always see the script errors by double-clicking on the icon in the left corner of the statusbar. It is recommended to keep this option enabled though!
- Use Flat Browser Scroll Bar
- Enabling this will make your scroll bars look a bit more flat. This setting is purely esthetic though, it won't affect the performance or anything.
- Ignore Window ID assignment in Frames
- It is recommended to keep that setting unchecked as it might impair the proper functioning of the web page frames.
- Lock Home Page
- This option makes sure that some websites don't start changing the setting of your browser's home page without your consent.
- Add Maxthon User-Agent Identification
- This will add Maxthon to your useragent string (which is used to tell the website which browser you are using in order to view their web pages). Just keep in mind that Maxthon already introduces himself as an IE browser (which might be required be some websites for the proper rendition of their web pages setting).
Perform these actions when you start Maxthon:
- Do Not Load Start Page When Opened by Other Program
- If Maxthon (as the default browser) is called by another program to open a specific webpage Maxthon doesn't open the default start page/group.
- Check for new version
- If you check this option Maxthon will connect with his server every time you start Maxthon to check if there is an update available for Maxthon.
- Check for new server messages
- Maxthon connects with his server to check for messages from the authors, to inform you about important Maxthon news.
- Automatically download new security enhancement update
- This option is only available for people who have enabled 'Appreciation Service' (only if you have donated money to Maxthon).
- Check Whether Maxthon is the Default Browser
- Check if Maxthon is still set as the default browser.
- Set Maxthon as Default Browser
- If you set Maxthon as your default browser most programs will open Maxthon if they connect to a webpage.
Perform the following actions when you close Maxthon:
- Clean Undo List
- Clear the list with last opened tabs that is used by the undo function (ALT + Z)
- Clean Address
- Clear the addresses you have inputted in the address bar.
- Clean Search Bar History
- Clear the history of the Maxthon Search Bar.
- Clean History
- Clean your history (all the webpages you have opened).
- Clean Cache
- Clear your temporary internet files
- Clean Cookies
- Clear all your cookies (small files that can store passwords, visited pages and other private information)
- Clear Form Data
- Clear the data from forms saved by the AutoFill feature.